When a lease or sale is confirmed and you have the keys in hand for your new home, one of the best pieces of advice we give to potential clients, is to get the interior painting out of the way – before moving in.
The Top Reasons To Paint Before Moving In
Painting a vacant townhome, single-family house, or apartment prior to moving in furniture and other personal belongings presents numerous benefits, including:
- No Shifting Things Around – While our interior painting company does most of the hard work for you, some prep work is typically involved on our clients’ ends, which is to remove wall hangings and other valuables.
- Money Savings – Our interior painting company takes into account the level of time and work involved when determining estimates. The less prep work is needed, the more likely it is for you to save money.
- Protect Valuables – The best way to protect valuables is to paint when the room is empty.
- Simplify Décor Shopping – Make your house a home by selecting one-of-a-kind décor that resonates with your style and paint color. A new paint job sets the stage for helping you pick pieces that bring the whole room together.
- Wipe the Slate Clean – Come home to a clean home. The feeling you get after walking through the doors of a home with zero work needed is priceless. We can use fume-free or green paints when requested to reduce odors.
More Projects To Tackle Before Moving In
Some other projects our interior painting company recommends in order to get your home move-in ready include:
- Changing the Locks – For safety purposes, this is always recommended. A local locksmith can help.
- Deep Carpet Cleaning – If carpets are installed, do a clean sweep or deep clean with the help of a reputable carpet cleaning company.
- Set Up the Garage – Don’t leave this space as-is. Colossus Painting can also assist with converting the garage into a usable space. We can make small repairs and add epoxy coatings throughout the garage. This area can then be used as an extra storage room or a spare area to pursue hobbies.
Start Off With a Clean Slate
If you’re ready to get interior painting out of the way, get in touch with Colossus Painting by calling (858) 688-2248. We are affordable, reliable, and deliver meticulous results every time.