Does your home’s exterior need a touchup? You may be tempted to forego a weekend of relaxation and instead roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
Before commencing a DIY exterior painting project, however, here are a few considerations to keep in mind:
- It May Take Longer Than Anticipated – Exterior painting involves more than simply brushing a fresh coat of paint on the walls or siding. Exterior painting contractors in San Diego typically sand and wash the surface to ensure a smooth finish. Next, pro painters inspect the infrastructure for any damage and make recommendations accordingly. A primer is then used to prep for the final coat of paint.
- There’s Are Techniques for Creating Beautiful Finishes – To prevent lackluster results, pro painters will use proven methods like painting from top to bottom. This painting system decreases the incidence of streaks and creates a more uniform look.
- You May Need to Invest in Professional Tools – For meticulous result, the right equipment is needed. Homeowners can save time, money and hassles by hiring a pro painter from the get go.
- Cover-Ups are Necessary – A lot of homeowners make the simple and costly mistake of not prepping outdoor spaces for painting projects. Just like indoor painting, another must-do on your checklist for exterior painting is covering up outdoor furniture, trees, and nearby plants.
- Safety is a Priority – Exterior painting typically involves climbing ladders and hauling toolkits in the process. Painting contractors in San Diego have the training and experience to complete this work safely without causing damage to life, property, or limb.
In addition, pro painters also understand tips and tricks to create more functional spaces after painting outdoors. One example is adding gravel or sand to porches and decks to create traction and prevent slips and falls.
Choose a Better Way
Don’t spend the weekend tackling an exterior painting project alone. Instead, sit back and relax while our painting contractors in San Diego do all the hard work for you. We have the experience and know-how to complete prepping, priming, painting, and sealing correctly and according to schedule.
No matter what style of property you own, Colossus Painting is up to the challenge of painting a picture-perfect home. From colonial to craftsman, modern to Victorian, Spanish to Mediterranean, and many other styles, our exterior house painters in San Diego handle them all.